Central Executive Council
The Central Executive Council (CEC) is the governing body of the Union.
The CEC meets every two months and consists of about 75 members of the Union. It is elected by secret ballot of GMB members every four years. The CEC is headed by the lay member President Mary Turner (London Region) and Vice President Malcolm Sage (Midland & East Coast Region). For practical reasons its business is run by committees such as Finance, Organisation, Services, Training, International, Communications and Benefits.
Each region has a number of lay activists who form the CEC delegation. Following the 2011 elections our CEC delegates for the next four years are:-
- Sheila Bearcroft (Regional President) – Women's Reserved Seat
- Brian Farr – Manufacturing Section
- Gwyn Evans – Commercial Services Section
- Ann Leader – General Seat
- Ken Daniels – Public Services Section